Homework is set at St Ursula’s to a clear timetable that can be downloaded from this page. All homework must be handed in at the specified time. Homework set must be recorded in your child’s Student Journal. Journals will be signed and checked weekly by parents/carers and Tutors.
Homework is important because:
- It improves your child’s thinking and memory
- It helps your child develop positive study skills and habits that will serve him or her well throughout life
- Homework encourages your child to use time wisely
- It teaches your child to work independently
- Homework teaches your child to take responsibility for his or her work
- It allows your child to review and practice what has been covered in class
- It helps your child to get ready for the next day’s class
- Homework helps your child learn to use resources, such as libraries, reference materials, and computer Web sites to find information
- It encourages your child to explores subjects more fully than classroom time permits
- It allows your child to extend learning by applying skills to new situations
- It helps your child integrate learning by applying many different skills to a single task.
- Homework helps parents to engage and understanding with learning that is happening in school