GCSE Examination Results 2016
St Ursula's students and staff are celebrating another year of fantastic results.
Despite the biggest ever year-on-year decline across the country our results have improved.
My thanks go to the students and staff for their hard work and to the parents for their amazing support.
- 85% of students achieved English and Maths passes A*-C.
- 83% of students achieved 5 or more A* - C including English and Maths.
- 34% of all grades achieved at A* or A.
- 87% of students achieved an A*-C in Maths.
- 93% of students achieved an A*-C in English.
- 31% of students achieved 5 or more A*-A grades.
- Double Science A*-C grades was 82%.
- Triple Science A*-C grades was 100%.
- 75% of students attained the EBACC.
A new Progress 8 measure introduced this year by the Government indicates how much progress a student makes in their time at the school. Although we cannot report on exact scores yet (we are awaiting national data) we can with confidence say that our school’s result will be a positive one, meaning that at St Ursula’s Convent School, students make fantastic progress.
Some exceptional departmental results are as follows:
- Biology 100%
- Chemistry 100%
- Physics 100%
- Spanish 100%
- Geography 96.3%
- Art 94.5%
- RE 92.24%
- English Lit 92.24%
- Jana Swierzewska 11 A*-A
- Basia Rapa 11 A*-A
- Ambra Vivian 10 A*-A
- Hannah Tompkins 10 A*-A
- Maria Soroczynska 10 A*-A
- Oluremikun Shorunke-Samuel 10 A*-A
- Kiah Olugh 10 A*-A
- Natalia Davies 10 A*-A
- Abigail Blanche 10 A*-A
- Prisca Uwaegbulem 9 A*-A
- Maame-Deh KariKari-Brobbey 9 A*-A
- Chloe Eddings 9 A*-A
- Anna Doherty 9 A*-A
- Thereza Chin 9 A*-A
- Mariam Abiola 9 A*-A