Outdoor uniform is an integral part of the uniform and must be worn by all girls. The uniform is the public face of the school. It acts as both a unifying element and a point of recognition, whilst removing from parents the financial burden of providing non- uniform clothes. Uniform inspections outside the school gate may result in your daughter being sent home if she contravenes the uniform policy. Any student contravening uniform rules risks fixed term exclusion.
- School blazer. This should have the embossed school logo on it. The blazer must be worn at all times, unless the Head Teacher permits otherwise e.g. during hot weather.
- Pleated School skirt. The skirt is a distinctive school style and NO OTHER VARIANT IS ACCEPTABLE DURING THE FIVE YEARS THE PUPILS ARE IN THE SCHOOL. The skirt should be below the knee and above the ankle.
- Navy blue plain V-necked jumper with red coloured stripe – this should be worn every day
YR11 – Mauve / YR10 – Gold / YR9 – Green / YR8 – Blue / YR7 - Red
- Blouse – White revered collar blouse. Jumpers and T-shirts should not be worn under the blouse. The school blouse must be tucked into the skirt, and it is not to be regarded as an overblouse.
- Tights or knee high socks navy blue or black.
- Shoes should support the whole foot. Shoes, which do not firmly grip the upper part of the foot, are not suitable. The heels should be flat, no higher than 3 cms. The colour is plain black. Bows etc. are not allowed and toes should not be too pointed. Sling back shoes, ankle strap shoes, fabric or plastic beach-type shoes and black trainers are not suitable. Trendy fashions must not be followed. Boots or ankle boots must not be worn (this includes Kicker Boots).
- Outdoor Uniform. The school blazer over which a plain navy/black coat should be worn in cold or wet weather. Denim/leather jackets, track suit tops, fleeces/hoodies, body warmers/gillets are unacceptable.
- Scarf and gloves. Plain black or navy blue.
- School bag – Black or navy, strong and made of sturdy material. The bag must be free standing, closed at the top and capable of holding books 40 cm x 30 cm. Shaped rucksacks in black or navy are acceptable but should not carry maker’s name/logo. Handbags are not acceptable school bags.
- Hats are not permitted in school.
- Games kit. White school polo shirt, school navy shorts and school tracksuit. Plain white/black leather trainers and school sports socks with school initials .Canvas shoes and plimsoles are banned.
- PE. Dance and Trampolining plain black leggings
- PE Bags must be purchased from the School.
- A white lab coat (purchased at suppliers)
All girls are expected to wear the correct uniform and to wear it well. The school uniform is kept as simple and inexpensive as possible. If there are any special temporary difficulties please let the Deputy Head know. All items of uniform should be clearly marked with the owner’s name.
Girls may wear a watch, a small crucifix under the blouse and one small set of plain gold or silver studs in the lower ear lobe, all other piercings are forbidden. No other jewellery is allowed. All make up, including make up accessories, is banned. Nail varnish and false/acrylic nails are banned. Nail extensions represent a Health & Safety risk in a number of practical lessons and for this reason are not allowed.
Hairstyles and hair colour including braids should be the student’s natural hair colouring; extreme hair colouring is not allowed: hair should not be worn over the face or eyes. The definition of extreme lies with the school; failure to comply with the aforesaid may result in the immediate sending home of your daughter.
Lucilla Ltd: School House, 180a Cranbrook Road, Ilford, IG1 4LX (Tel: 020 8554 5133)
Whitehall Clothiers: 244a Lewisham High Street, SE13, (Tel: 020 8852 8967)