“The best way to predict the future is to create it”
At St Ursula’s our vision is to inspire and equip our young women to aspire to greatness in any field of their choice and broaden their visions in the world of work.
Our Careers Leader is Miss E Cahir. Her role is to provide a careers programme that presents information, advice and guidance to help students make choices about their education and future careers.
Parents, please get in touch with Miss Cahir if you would like any career-related information or advice for your child. All students in year 11 will receive a one-to-one career interview after which they will be given an action plan based on the outcome of the interview.
The Aims of the St Ursula’s Careers Department
To enable our pupils to:
- Make informed decisions about their future career pathways by providing Labour Market Information
- Become more curious, strategic and informed about the opportunities beyond the school gate
- Acquire a more expansive, creative and ambitious outlook when researching and developing a Personal Career Plan
This will be achieved through a stable yet flexible careers programme that is embedded into the whole school curriculum.
- Information and guidance to pupils and parents in relation to subject choices, Further and Higher Education, and other leavers’ options including Apprenticeships and T Levels
- Training and practice in compiling CVs, Application Forms, Interview Skills and 6th form applications.
- Specific guidance for Medicine, Veterinary and Dentistry applicants and for Oxbridge candidates
- Support for students who wish to go on to apply for highly competitive courses
- Close cooperation with the SENCO to assist pupils who have additional learning needs
- Up-to-date Labour Market Information
- Advice and assistance to pupils, parents and teachers on careers related matters
- Support for subject teachers to embed Employability across the curriculum
Careers Leader: Miss E Cahir
Telephone: 020 8858 4613
If training providers would like to talk to our students about technical education and apprenticeships, please contact our Careers Leader to be included in one of our careers fairs or talks.