How to apply for a place at St Ursula’s Convent School
- Read our admissions policy and procedures for 2023-24
- Complete your Local Authority e-Admissions form which can be found here: https://www.eadmissions.org.uk – Stating St Ursula’s Convent School as a preference
- Complete our St Ursula’s Supplementary Information Form (SIF). You do this in conjunction with your Parish priest. Your Parish priest must also stamp this document with the Parish stamp. The Supplementary Information Form (SIF) can be downloaded in the admissions forms pack below.
- Submit your Supplementary Information Form and supporting documents in person to the school reception at St Ursula’s Convent School. Please note, the school must see your daughter’s original Baptism certificate.
Please note the deadline for receipt of applications is 31st October 2023. We advise submission before the half-term which begins on Friday 20th October.
1. Is special consideration given for Mass attendance interruption due to COVID-19?
No. The Education Commission, Archdiocese of Southwark, has provided Catholic schools with the following statement:
As of the 5 June 2022, Pentecost, the Bishops of England and Wales reinstated the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days. Parents applying for a place at St Ursula’s Convent School, under a faith based criteria will need to complete a Supplementary Information Form. Evidence of practice will be measured by frequency of attendance at Mass as validated by either a priest or minister, as was the case prior to 18 March 2020. These arrangements apply to the admissions round for 2023 and subsequent rounds.
2. I have a new Priest in my Parish. How will he confirm my family’s Mass attendance?
Don’t panic – Priests are very used to needing to do this if they move Parishes. Please speak to your Parish priest who will offer advice. For example, some Parish priests may verify your attendance by speaking with other people in the Parish e.g. catechists.
3. My child attends Mass weekly, but at different Parishes on alternate weeks, how do I evidence weekly practice?
Please provide evidence of Mass attendance from priests at both Parishes. Both priests will need to complete and stamp supplementary information forms for their Parishes. You can then submit both supplementary information forms to us at St Ursula’s.
4. I do not have my child’s original Baptism certificate. What should I do?
Speak with your Parish Priest. They will be able to support you with this.
5. What should I do if I have any other queries?
Any other queries can be emailed in to our Admissions’ Officer who will be happy to help. Please email: email@example.com
Deadline for appeals: Monday 17th April 2024
Appeals hearings: May and June 2024