Resilience and Wellbeing

Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health Vision Statement

As an Ursuline school we commit to promoting positive social and emotional wellbeing, mental health and resilience for pupils, staff and everyone in our community. We acknowledge that this task must be shared by everyone – governors, staff, students, parents and visitors in a spirit of openness and mutual support. All members of our community will endeavour to create an environment that is stimulating, secure and provides opportunities for all to grow in knowledge, strength and love.

At times all of us feel worried, upset, annoyed and overwhelmed so please know that how you or your child is feeling is normal…

There are many people and organisations who are here to help you:

Support in School:

I am a student and I need support, what should I do?

If you need to speak to someone about how they are feeling, the first point of contact is your form tutor. Form tutors see their form every day and part of the job of a form tutor is to help to make sure students are happy and safe in school. 
If you are not able to speak to their form tutor, you can speak to any adult in school, including one of our Safeguarding and Well-being officers (SWOs)

To speak to a Safeguarding and Wellbeing officer, students should complete a referral form outside the SWO office. The SWO office can be found on the L corridor next to the R and R room. The referrals box is checked twice a day. We ask students to provide as much information as possible on this form as it will help us to understand what help they might need. Please note, we may not be able to see you straight away, but we will make sure you get the support you need as quickly as possible.
We also have a school counsellor, Kimberley, who we can refer to for further support.
As a school, we also work closely with other agencies. This includes Local Authority Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH), Child Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS), Educational Psychologists, the police, GPs, our school nurse and charities which support mental health. 

I am a student and I am worried about a peer, what should I do?

If you’re worried about a peer, please let school know. You can do this by:
– Speaking to an adult in school- Encouraging the person to speak to an adult in school   – Speaking to your parents/carers and asking them to contact the school – Referring via the SHARPS system 

I am a parent/carer and I’m worried about my child, what should I do?

Please contact your child’s form tutor with as much detail as possible via

You can also make a referral via the SHARPS system.

Support out of school:

We know that our students and families will sometimes need support out of school hours or during the holidays. The resources below may be useful during these times when school staff are not available. 

Urgent Help:

Greenwich Headcape

Other useful links:

Click here to contact Child Line

Click her to call the Hope Line at Papyrus

Click here to contact the Samaritans

Click here to contact SANE

Click here for help with your emotions

Click here for the childine toolbox

Click here for help with bullying

Click here for staying safe online

Click here for help with thoughts about self harming

Click here for help with gender issues

Click here for advice with eating problems

Click here to contact MIND

Click here to contact The Charlie Waller Memorial Trust

Click here to contact the Education Support Partnership for Professionals

Click here to contact the Anna Freud Centre

Please remember that you are not alone – there are many people who understand and are here to help you.